Z&K...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kaisara's Birth Story Part 2

5th April 2012; 12.00am

Since I stayed in the ward from 7pm till now, my contraction wasn't that strong which made me think that maybe it's all false alarm. And maybe tomorrow, we just went back home. But around 12am, but contractions become stronger but still bearable. I couldn't have a good night sleep though (errr, i think for the past 9 months pun samer kot...hehe). The nurse will came in every two hours to check my BP, baby's heartbeat and my contractions.

5th April 2012; 6.00am

Around 6.30am, after Subuh, I asked one of the nurse to check my opening. Then she said they will perform it soon at the labour room. Off to the the labour room again. And using the wheelchair again. At the labour room, I'm quite nervous since last night, I thought that it's not the real contractions but false alarm. Now that I'm in the labour room again, it feels real. And seriously, it made me shiver a bit. I can't believe that anytime soon, I'll become a mother. Excited and mixed feelings. The doctor came and performed the VE. There's a 4cm opening. Around 7.30am, when a nurse came to check my BP, I asked about epidural. Eventhough at the time the pain was still bearable, thinking that later, the contractions will become stronger within a very short period, I think will take the epidural :) My hubby, being listening to the story that I have experienced fainting four times in my entire life, he also suggested to take the epidural. When the anaesthetic specialist came and saw me smile, she was surprised that I asked for epidural. She offered pethidine and laughing gas but I rejected since I'm not looking for sleepy drugs. Then, she asked me to sign a paper and said if I would like to withdraw my decision of taking the epidural after signing the paper, it's still okay. The nurse suggested me to take the epidural before they broke my water bag. I agreed with her. After breakfast, the anaesthetic doctor came again around 10am. And she said the very same thing "Asal saya datang jer, awak senyum. Macam mana saya nak bagi epidural." And I replied "Sekarang tak sakit, tapi bila sakit, saya tahan, saya diam kejap..hehe". Then, she replied back "Haaa, okay lah tu...Diam jer..Tak jerit2..Kira boleh tahan lah tu..". And guess what I said "Mmmm, tapi nanti sakit lagi kuat and kerap kan? Hehe". And the doctor performed the epidural at last.. ;P

5th April 2012; 10.30am

When the procedure was taking place, I was so afraid, and I scratched my husband's hands. It's not that hurt. But I'm just too nervous. Within 3-5mins, the epidural was done. I couldn't feel any contractions anymore. Then, something happened. My BP suddenly became quite high. 140+/90+. And I felt like fainting. I couldn't breath properly. The nurse gave me an oxygen mask to assist me breathing. I felt so weak and I say the shahadah. Seriously, I was so afraid. The situation last about half an hour. At the time the anaesthetic doctor came and said I'm doing fine. Since I really didn't know what to do, I asked EH to help me drink zam zam water. Alhamdulillah, my energy getting better and my BP improved. I think maybe I was so dehydrated (despite I was dripped by 3 bottles of water), I felt so weak that I couldn't talk but only shake my head. Now that my condition getting better, I can chit chat again with my darling husband while waiting for the full opening. The doctor said there're two lucky here. One: the one who couldn't feel a thing including how to push when on epidural. Two: the one who can feel everything when the full opening hit and could feel the urged to push. I fall in the second category.

5th April 2012; 12.30pm

Suddenly I felt a bit of pain. Not at the stomach but at the opening. It's getting more painful. But Alhamdulillah, I still mananged to bare the pain without screaming even though it hurt so much. Around 1.30pm, I felt the urged to push. But the doctor was not there. There's a c-sec going on at the other end. The nurse checked my opening and said, if I wanted to push, just push. But I can't. I tried. Around 2pm, it happened too fast. The doctor came in. They offered me two handles for me to hold using both hands each. And two peadls to place my feet in order to assist me pushing. All of them including my beloved hubby supported me to push harder. They said baby's head now crowing. Harder, harder, push harder. With all my might, I pushed and I let out a loud ahhh, the the baby's head (with the assistance of a vacuum simultaneously) came out and the second big push with another loud but short ahh, the shoulder and the rest followed...Alhamdulillah. I saw my darling Kaisara all blue and purple. The doctor made her cry and place her on top of my chest. I felt sooo warm. The doctor asked me to check out the baby's gender. And I said "It's a girl"...When they returned back the baby, cleaned and clothed for my husband to Azan and Iqamah(while the doctor took out the placenta and performed some stitches on my natural torn while pushing the baby out), I felt so blessed. the beautiful moment when my EH recited the Azan and Iqamah with tears on his eyes and me too can't hold back my tears, I felt my life was so complete. Thank you Ya Allah for such a beautiful gift, to add to our family, our beloved Kaisara A'isya.

p/s: Abang, thank you so much for all the help and support sepanjang sayang pregnant, semasa proses bersalin, selepas bersalin, and also sepanjang masa berpantang. Love you so much darling. Love the baby too. Love you both.. :) Alhamdulillah....

No comments: