Z&K...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another First-Time-Meal I've Ever Made

Yesterday, 3 August 11 (3 Ramadhan 1432H) was the first time that I cooked for Iftar during working day as a wife (Ehem ehem, no 3..haha). For 1st Ramadhan 1432H, I was on leave due to heavy flu. Thus, cooking on that day doesn't really count as I started preparing early. The very next day, I got invitation as per previous entry. And yesterday, I was a bit "cuak" since I don't know whether I could manage to complete cooking before Iftar. So, as soon as the bell rang, I rushed back home. It was 5.15pm. The journey took about 20min.

Once arrived, I changed to my cooking suit, slicing the meat thin-ly while Abang helped in cooking the rice (Thanks Dear :)). The main menu was Daging Blackpepper. I have to marinate the daging with honey, oyster sauce and of course, blackpepper for about one hour. Then, I prepare for the side meal, the brocolli. Since I decided to start cooking around 6.45pm, so, I do have some ample time to spare. I continued watching PostGrad. The one that Alexis in it (Rory-Gilmore Girls).

Ting! It's time. And let's begin! First, fried sliced potatoes and put them aside. Heat the pot, put a bit of oil, add blended garlic and ginger, add the marinate daging and leave them be for 10min. Add the fried potatoes, sliced spring onion, sprinkled a bit of salt and sugar, and to make it creamy, mixed a bit of flour with warm water, pour it into the pot. Wait for several minutes,and it's done! :D

For brocolli part, I just simply fried the chopped garlic, put the brocolli and some oyster sauce, and ready to be served :)

Here's the pic of the Daging Blacpepper. Sorry for the blurry pics. Hehe...



Errr..nampak mcm kurma pun ada gak...



The taste? Hmmm, sedap2..Hehe...

No comments: